About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Questionable Aftertaste

"We still worship what we want our lives to feel like more than we worship Jesus. We still major on minors, debating whether the book of Job is literal or parable when we should be out there pulling people out of the rough stuff. We still spend more money on self-help books than we give money to help others. We have become a club--a clique. A group that is supposed to be a perfect picture of the Father--but instead just acts like a bunch of disgruntled orphans. And we wonder why no one wants to be a Christian...So instead of following Him we say we are following Him while actually following a combination of Him and our own Chaos. Sometimes we get it right, sometimes we get it wrong, but usually we get a mixture of the two. Just enough of God to make a difference. Just enough of ourselves to leave a questionable aftertaste. So the world sees that God is real, but at the same time something doesn't quite sit well with them about Him." --From Christianish by Mark Steele.

No comments:

Post a Comment