About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

May The Tomb Be Empty And All Your Baskets Full

As we wrap up this Easter holiday I am reflecting on what all we have done for the past 3 days. We spent time with friends and family, hunted eggs 3 times, decorated cookies, & went to church. Over the last few weeks we read the Easter story to the boys and I tried to remind Gideon of why we were celebrating. I am however wanting to see more of a focus on Christ in the future. I am not saying that we won’t hunt eggs or decorate cookies, but I do want to put some memorable traditions in place to point my kids and me back to Jesus and what he did.

So next year I am wanting to start some of these traditions. I want some things to be just between me and the family. Some type of reflection time for us to grow together closer to God. I also would like to see some of our family friends to join together to create some awesome Easter experiences that will remind everyone of why we are celebrating in the first place. So if you have some ideas of things we could do, lets make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment