About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Piggies Dancing To The Rhythm Of God's Kingdom

Today Steve’s Sermon was on Worship and what that really means and on the way to lunch I had a little visual reminder of this. Gideon, Josiah, and I were going to pick up some drinks before lunch and we were listening to some Praise and Worship Music. Gideon yelled with a little bit of surprise in his voice, “Look! My piggies are dancing!” As I looked back Gideon was pulling his Crocs off and his toes were wiggling as fast as they could. I thought to myself that this is an image of what worship needs to be. Some type of action. And I am not talking about clapping hands or raising hands because we were reminded today and have been reminded other times that worship is not just a song. It is not just what we do in the church building. Worship is how our belief and love of God results in an action.

So I leave you with this. Has your love for God led you to action? Are your piggies dancing?

2 comments:

  1. I grew up in a hard line conservative church. I still carry around that baggage. I now attend an open community church. What is amazing to me is to watch my three year old who has grown up without any of that at all. When we go to church, whether it's instrumental or accapella, she'll raise her hands, dance, sway, clap, or whatever moves her. It always hits me really hard because she just worships. She has none of the man-made parameters that I have placed on myself.
    She can be in her room singing, "My God is so BIG!" and I'll ask, "Whatcha doin' baby?"
    "Just singin' to God, Daddy."
    She doesn't need a "worship service", it's amazing to me.
    I think worship is all about our "piggies dancing" and we would all do well to remember that.
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, and I was especially pleased with Steve's sermon today. Right on point and something we all needed to be reminded of!

    ReplyDelete