About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fresh Start

This month’s Book of the Month study from our church is actually 2 books which are 1 & 2 Peter. Yesterday I was reading this verse: “All honor to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for it is by his boundless mercy that God has given us the privilege of being born again. Now we live with a wonderful expectation because Jesus Christ rose again from the dead.” --1 Peter 1:3

This verse reminds me of a couple of things. First would be the song by Third Day, Born Again, which I love.


I am also reminded of Jesus’ meeting with Nicodemus. “Jesus replied, ‘I assure you, unless you are born again, you can never see the Kingdom of God.” This of course throws Nicodemus for a loop and Jesus goes on to explain that it is a spiritual birth not a physical birth that he is talking about.

Do you remember what it felt like when you accepted Jesus Christ? Or after your Baptism? Do you remember how coming back from youth camp you felt on fire and were ready to conquer the world for Jesus? It was a fresh start. You felt born again. And then life shows back up and Satan starts distracting you and the feeling starts to go away over time. Even though I feel I am doing better in my walk with God than I was a few months ago, I want to have that fresh start feeling. I want to burn for God like I have before.

No comments:

Post a Comment