About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

I love the smell of Play-Doh in the morning!

Today I took off work because Sarah Grace had to go to the doctor. After breakfast we watched sesame street and then went outside to swing and play Play-doh(or Guido as Gideon calls it.) Now we play together on the weekends and have a blast as a family, but there was something special about today. The play-doh smelled especially great in the weird odor that play-doh has. McDonald’s for lunch, nap time, watching Praise baby in bed with both the boys and Sarah Grace, pizza for supper, bath time, and finally bed time. Not that eventful, most people might even say not worth mentioning, however to me this was an amazing day. I guess it is that I would have normally been at work, but instead, I got to be with my family from the time we woke until bed time. I would have spent my day with 100 kids and a few dozen adults that I have contact each day, but I got to spend it with the two most important kids in the world and the most important woman in the world. And in that, it is easy for anyone to see the Grace and Glory of God!

A happy family is but an earlier heaven. -- John Bowring

1 comment:

  1. This post makes me smile so much in my heart.

    ReplyDelete