About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Who or What can separate us?

Romans 8:35-39 is a beautiful passage that reminds us that nothing nor anyone can ever separate us from the love of God. Tonight as we read from My Utmost for His Highest we were reminded of this passage. I loved what Chambers said at the end of the devotion.

Either Jesus Christ is a deceiver, having deceived even Paul, or else some extraordinary thing happens to someone who holds on to the love of God when the odds are totally against him. Logic is silenced in the face of each of these things which come against him. Only one thing can account for it--the love of God in Christ Jesus. "Out of the wreck I rise" every time. --Oswald Chambers


And we too shall rise every time if we will hold fast to the love of God through it all.

1 comment:

  1. Love the quote from the book. That is a great reminder of the Love God has for us. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete