About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Jesus Loves the Little Children!

Sometimes I wish I was a kid again. Sometimes it is because I would like to have their energy. It usually is because I would like to have less worries or less responsibility. It is rarely because of Mark 10:14-15. But that passage is an important reminder.

But when Jesus saw what was happening, he was very displeased with his disciples. He said to them, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of belongs to such as these. I assure you, anyone who doesn't have their kind of faith will never get into the Kingdom of God."


Think about kids. They can have faith in things that we adults have a hard time buying into. You tell an adult some of the amazing stories from the Bible and they start thinking well maybe, but I don't know. They start wondering if things might have been lost in translation or misunderstood. You tell a child the same story and their response is "Wow!"

Forgiveness. Often kids can give it and receive it much easier than adults. We want to hold onto things and will not let go of them. Kids can let go of others mistakes and their own much faster.

I read this statement by the photographer Keith Carter the other day and it reminded me that we need to be more like kids again.

In my world of truths and half truths, the inhabitants might be amiss or fallen from grace, buy my children inhabit a peaceable kingdom where everything that falls deserves a chance to be restored.


That statement is beautiful!









No comments:

Post a Comment