About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's What's for Dinner

“In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.” Hebrews 5: 12-14

I recently saw a video that was taking a humorous approach to these verses. The main character in the short video talked about how he really loved being in the bible class that he is in. The teacher was so good and she really had a way with sharing the lessons from the bible. He was mid-twenties and the class he attended was the 2nd grade sunday school class at his church.

Now this was a little over the top, but something to consider. We must get beyond the milk and start getting to the meat. This is talking about God’s word. Am I still just taking a bottle filled with the simplest truths of God and struggling to keep it down or am I ingesting the solid truths of God that a mature Christian can handle?

This may take some work. We may even have to throw off teachings from our youth that are infantile explanations of what the word says. We may have to break from tradition to be able to get to the full truths of God.

Get into the word, be challenged by the word, and grow in wisdom that comes from the word.

Bible. It’s What’s for Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment