About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Crazy Heart

This post is going to stray from the focus of all of my other posts up to this point. But even in it I will get to something for you to think about and consider. Saturday night Sarah Grace and I went out on a date, which is a rare occasion these days. For a while our dates were dropping off kids at Grandma’s house for a few hours so we could go to the store or something minor and the polar opposite of “Romantic”. Fortunately that has changed. We went to see Crazy Heart with Jeff Bridges (and by that I mean Jeff Bridges was the main character of the movie, not that Jeff Bridges came to the movies with my wife and me. That would be an interesting third wheel).

The movie was fantastic. The only bad part about it for us was we were sitting on the front row. It was kind of like watching a tennis match. We had to constantly move our head left to right to be able to catch the whole scene. Back to the actual movie, Bridges plays a washed up, alcoholic, has been musician who is in desperate need of redemption in his career and his life in general. If you haven’t heard watch the trailer for it below.



Along with the movie I would also like to say check out Ryan Bingham’s Song “The Weary Kind” which is the theme song for the movie. I like this guy’s sound (and his sound doesn’t match his look)



Here is the some background to the date that made it special. A month ago we went to the movies and I wanted to watch Sherlock Holmes. Sarah Grace let me choose. I didn’t know what to expect in the movie, but I wasn’t expecting what we saw. I actually apologized to my wife in the opening scene. This was our first night out in a long time and I chose a movie that turned out to be much more action packed than I had expected. It was by no means romantic. I told Sarah Grace when we left the theatre that she got to pick the next movie we went to. Fast Forward to Thursday night of this last week. I start thinking about a date night and I ask her if she wants to go out on Saturday, to which she replies “Do you want to go see Crazy Heart?” She knew the answer. She knew it was the movie that I really wanted to see. And instead of pulling up my month old promise that she could pick the next movie, she offered that as the movie we would go see. It was a simple sacrifice, but it reminds me of how we should be, putting our spouses before ourselves. Thank you Sarah Grace. I Love You! And next time you can pick the movie you want to see. (Unless the new M. Night movie is out, and then would you mind sacrificing for me again?)

4 comments:

  1. Of course!

    And - just so you know - I don't consider anything that I get to do with you a sacrifice.

    I love you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's all say it together. AWWWWWWWW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get a room...or a private blog ;)

    ReplyDelete