About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Taste and See

I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul makes its boast in the LORD; let the humble hear and be glad. Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together! I sought the LORD, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them. Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! Oh, fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him have no lack! --Psalm 34:1-9


I needed this Passage today. I just opened my bible and this is the page I turned to. I needed to be reminded that no matter what is going on, I need to "boast in the LORD." I love that we are encouraged in verse three to join with David in lifting up the name of God. Then he speaks of deliverance and salvation that comes from God and follows that with "taste and see that the LORD is good!" That is beautiful! He truly will satisfy all our needs and desires. We just have to cling to Him and let him satisfy us.

3 comments:

  1. "Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exhult his name together!"

    This should be our verse. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love for that to be our verse. Let our marriage be a banner that will proclaim the greatness of our God!

    ReplyDelete