About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Overwhelmed by Christ

One of the things Jared Wilson talked about at the Gospel Wakefulness Conference last week was that we should overwhelmed by Christ. He said he thinks of an image of Jesus and coming out of Jesus are all of the names and things that Christ does. All of what Christ is and all that He does should cause us to be overwhelmed even if we just got a glimpse of Him.

When Jared talked about this I started thinking about this passage.

So Judas, having procured a band of soldiers and some officers from the chief priests and the Pharisees, went there with lanterns and torches and weapons. Then Jesus, knowing all that would happen to him, came forward and said to them, "Whom do you seek?" They answered him, "Jesus of Nazareth." Jesus said to them, "I am he." Judas, who betrayed him, was standing with them. When Jesus said to them, "I am he," they drew back and fell to the ground. --John 18:3-6


These soldiers and officers received just a small glimpse of Jesus in His response "I am He" and it knocked them to the ground. This shouldn't just be for the betrayers of Jesus. We should all be floored by the good news. And when we are knocked to the ground by the holiness of our God and Savior, maybe we will place Him in His proper place in our lives.

Father show me more of you and more of Christ so that I will care less about me. In Your Son, through your Spriit, and for Your Glory I pray this.

By the Way if you weren't at the conference you can go to the Gospel Wakefulness link to hear all of Jared's messages. I encourage you to listen to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment