About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pierced To The Heart

"Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know--this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men. God raised him up, loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it.” Acts 2:22-24


This is the day of Pentecost. Peter is preaching the Gospel. He uses the words of the prophet Joel and the Psalmist David to point the crowds to the Good News of Christ. When they hear this verse 37 of Acts 2 says: “they were pierced to the heart and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do?”

I loved those words “pierced to the heart.” Thank You God for piercing our hearts with the truth. Continue to pour out your Spirit on us so that we may share this heart piercing truth with others. In your Son's name for your Glory we pray this.

No comments:

Post a Comment