About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Once The Gospel Frees You

What you’ll discover is that once the gospel frees you from having to do anything for Jesus, you’ll want to do everything for Jesus so that “whether you eat or drink or whatever you do” you’ll do it all to the glory of God. –Tullian Tchividjian


The quote above comes from a post titled Rethinking Progress where Tchividjian discusses our works. Why is it so easy to feel like our works is what gets us God’s approval? I guess it really is human nature to become Pharisaical. Even knowing that my works don’t help me get God’s approval, I can still find areas of my life where this train of thought is evident.

It goes against scripture and needs to be excised from our hearts. So how do we fight it? How do we remove this belief that we so easily revert back to? We cling to the gospel! And once we start clinging to the gospel, as Tchividjian says “you’ll want to do everything for Jesus so that “whether you eat or drink or whatever you do” you’ll do it all to the glory of God.”

Heavenly Father: Thank you for the freedom that comes from being in Christ. Thank you for choosing to justify me, knowing that I could never make things right on my own. Help me cling to this truth and learn to work for you because it is truly a delight. I pray this in Christ’s Name and for your Glory God.

No comments:

Post a Comment