About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It Is Not About Me(or You)

As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies--in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. –1 Peter 4:10-11

As I seek to serve God more with my life, one of the things that I know I need to keep fighting is the urge to think that it is about me. The words I speak and the ways I serve need to be rooted in God, not in my own abilities. If I build this up around my abilities to speak or serve, it will eventually come crashing down. But if rooted in God, and only in God, God will be glorified. And as Peter says at the end of Verse 11, “To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.”

Heavenly Father I pray my words and actions will point people to you and away from me. In your Son and for your glory I ask for the strength to get better at this each day of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment