About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Satisfaction

When I fed them, they were satisfied; when they were satisfied, they became proud; then they forgot me. –Hosea 13:6


I used this verse in our bible class a few weeks ago. It keeps coming to mind. All that we have comes from God. Even the ability to take our next breath lies in his hand. Should he choose to stop it, we are finished. He has given us life and taken care of us. And the crazy part is that man’s response when we become satisfied is that we become proud and forget where it came from. Even the children of God do this. That is who is being talked about in the Hosea passage.

Is this something that is evident in your life? I know it has been in my life. Don’t be satisfied with the things of this world or the pleasures of this world. Be satisfied with the one who gave them. If we find our satisfaction in God and God alone, we will be able to rejoice in all situations.

This is what Paul was explaining when he said

“I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.” --Philippians 4:12


What is the secret that Paul mentions in verse 12? He answers that in Verse 13.

“I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” --Philippians 4:13

The secret is that we must cling to Christ. Paul is saying he can face any situation because He is finding satisfaction in Christ. If we will do that, God will not be able to say as he did in Hosea, "I took care of their needs but then they forgot me."

No comments:

Post a Comment