About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Marriage

Below I have attached a segment from one of John Piper’s sermons which is titled Lionhearted and Lamblike: The Christian Husband as Head. He has some great words for husbands and wives. I have told Sarah Grace that I want us to go back and listen to or watch(which you can do both for free on www.desirggod.org) some of his sermons on marriage. I haven’t picked which sermons we are going to start with, but if anyone is interested, we would love to encourage you to do the same thing and maybe we could have an online discussion either through the blog or e-mail about these sermons. If you want to check out any of John Piper’s sermons you can click here to see a list of subjects and click through to find a topic you are looking for. I am encouraged regularly by his words and would encourage you to check them out also.

2 comments:

  1. The whole series of messages from which Piper based his great book, "This Momentary Marriage," is good. Here's a link: http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/sermons/by-series/marriage-christ-and-covenant-one-flesh-for-the-glory-of-god

    ReplyDelete
  2. David

    Thanks for the link. This Momentary Marriage is near the top of my to read list. Looking at the whole series from the link, we may just start at the top. I have heard the first 2 from the series "Staying Married is not about staying in love" were also very good.

    Thanks again brother!

    ReplyDelete