About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Love Usually Involves Touching

“I have sometimes wondered why Jesus so frequently touched the people he healed, many of whom must have been unattractive, obviously diseased, unsanitary, smelly…Jesus’ mission was not chiefly a crusade against disease but rather a ministry to individual people, some of whom happened to have a disease. He wanted those people, one by one, to feel his love and warmth and his full identification with them. Jesus knew he could not readily demonstrate love to a crowd, for love usually involves touching…The further we remove ourselves from personal connections with people in need, the further we stray from the ministry Jesus modeled for us.” Paul Brand in Fearfully & Wonderfully Made


If the Christ who lives in us lived a life that associated and reached out to the sick, poor, and social outcasts; why do Christians often times disassociate ourselves from these people? So often we will be quick to throw some extra cash towards a need, but how often do we throw ourselves toward that need? When will we touch as Christ touched and love as Christ loved?

God change our hearts and open our eyes. We need you to start this work in us. In Christ's Name and for your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment