About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Children of God

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received that Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.--Romans 8:14-17


Isn’t it a beautiful thing that we are called children of God? Adopted by a holy God in spite of how unholy we are. Because of this adoption we are heirs with Christ. We deserve separation and eternal punishment but God has chosen to adopt us. I hope we can cling to this truth today, and everyday.

Our identity is now in Him, because we are His.

No comments:

Post a Comment