About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Monday, June 7, 2010

You Want Me To Do What?

The answer is surrender. Surrender my will to God's will. Not just part of my life, but all of my life. Last night when we were reading My Utmost for his Highest, I found this thought very challenging.


If we have received the Spirit of God, He will squeeze right through our lives, as if to ask, "Now where do I come into this relationship, this vacation you have planned, or these new books you want to read?"  And he always presses the point until we learn to make Him our first consideration.  Whenever we put other things first, there is confusion. --Owsald Chambers


When I thought about the above statement I had to ask myself 'How much of my life have I surrendered to God?' When I think about God I put him in the big picture of things, but there are lots of day to day things that I don't purposefully place God in the center of. And really that is where God wants to be.

So the next time we start something, whether it be a round of golf, feeding our children, cleaning our houses, or talking with our neighbors, let us think about how God fits into that situation. Let the Spirit remind us that we are called to surrender everything to Him. I will leave you with one more statement from Oswald Chambers' on this topic.

"The greatest word of Jesus to His disciples is abandon." --from My Utmost for His Highest









No comments:

Post a Comment