About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Are we stuck

Do you feel like we are going in circles? I saw this quote from Ed Stetzer's new book Transformational Church, and I thought it hit home many of the things we have been talking about.

"...we sometimes fool ourselves into thinking that the Merry-Go-Round approach to church is enough. Keep everyone moving, the lights bright, and the music happy and you will get no complaints. The big problem-- too few are making any headway. Rather than missionary disciples for Christ moving out into the world, we have a group of happy people going in circles. God calls us to make a transformational impact on the world, not provide a carnival of frenetic activity for ourselves."

We need to make sure we are not content with going in circles. Let our lives show others that there is more to this life and this faith than the merry-go-round. Maybe once this book comes out we should all get a copy and study it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment