About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Grace Upon Grace

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John bore witness about him, and cried out, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me.'") And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. –John 1:14-16 ESV

I love John Chapter 1. It is such a beautiful picture of Jesus. Today when I got to the office, I spent the first 10-15 minutes reading through this chapter and reading notes about this chapter. As I read through this chapter the part I quoted above really stuck out. Especially verse 16. “And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.” Isn’t that beautiful? Through the fullness of Christ we have received an outpouring of grace that is like a fountain that just keeps overflowing. Grace upon Grace.

I pray that today you will see the beauty of Christ. If you need some reminders of his beauty, read through John 1. As you think of the beauty of Christ I pray that you will cling to the grace that we have received through his fullness.

No comments:

Post a Comment