About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Your Father's Good Pleasure

“Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” Luke 12:32-34


While reading the other day, I came across this passage. I love verse 32! Don’t be afraid because God finds joy in giving you the kingdom. It pleases Him to give this all satisfying pleasing thing to us, to give us the kingdom. He doesn’t just give it to us, but He finds pleasure in giving it to us. Isn’t this wonderful to hear?

So what do we do now that we know God finds joy in giving us the kingdom? We live as citizens in His kingdom. What does that look like? What do citizens of God’s Kingdom live like? Verse 33 and 34 give us part of that picture. We quit living for this world. We are citizens of a kingdom that is to come and we need to live for that kingdom. We don’t do this to earn it. We do this because that is how His people live. The treasures offered in this world have no value compared the treasure given to us in the kingdom to come. When will we start living like we believe that?

No comments:

Post a Comment