About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

You Surpass Them All

I was going to tell my wife this personally but I remember recently hearing a discussion on the importance of publicly honoring and praising your spouse, and that I agree with wholeheartedly and I realize I should do this much more than I do.

A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life...She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks...She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy...She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue...She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate. --Selections from Proverbs 31


Sarah Grace, these verses describe you. No matter how much you will want to disagree with me, they do! I am proud of you. I am proud to call you my wife. I am proud that people in our community recognize you as a Godly woman who chooses to serve God through loving others and helping those in need. And yes, “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.”

I Love You

2 comments:

  1. She is pretty special! You are a very blessed man and so are those two precious boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Jessica. My boys and I are very blessed because of Sarah Grace. Thank you for affirming those thoughts.

    ReplyDelete