About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Thought

I read this yesterday and I was thinking about all of the people encouraging us not to work too hard and to not take on too much. I feel like people mean well, but I also feel like God has opened our eyes to work that he wants us to do and I feel like making excuses to not do it would be sinful.

One of the most frustrating things about moving into this new consciousness of Christ in a particular area is that the people around us, especially the people we love most, sometimes seem committed to keeping us in the old consciousness. That is what they are used to. So by unbelief they try to keep us nailed to that Cross when everything in us is screaming “RESURRECTION!” By faith we’ve got to continue loving them even though they seem against us; they are part of the cocoon from which we’re trying to break free. That’s what gives our wings the strength to fly once we’re out. If any man is in Christ, he is (not “will be”) a new creation.
--Ron Block Commenting in the Rabbit Room

No comments:

Post a Comment