About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Have You Settled?

The greatest enemy to the life of faith in God is not sin, but good choices which are not quite good enough. The good is always the enemy of the best. -- Oswald Chambers


While reading My Utmost for his Highest the other day I came across this statement and loved it.

So many people are settling for the good and accepting the good. I am not talking about gifts and blessings from God. I am talking about settling for living a good life when really we should be living a great life. This of course should look much different than the definition the world gives for "a great life." Our great life should be about sacrifice. The kind of selfless sacrifice which always leads people to Jesus.

Have you settled? I know I have. Let us strive for greatness in order to show the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment