About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Feeling Inadequate

Do you ever feel inadequate to do a task that is before you? I did this week. I had to install a new faucet in our kitchen sink. Our old one had sprung a leak. I am not good at most things that call for the use of tools so we bought a faucet that clearly stated "Easy to Install!" There should have been a disclaimer that stated "Easy to Install (if you are a skilled plumber who has 15 years experience.)

The old faucet came off super easy so I was feeling like this was going to be much easier than I originally thought. Then I got to the directions for the new one. I read step one about 10 times and thought to myself, this makes no sense to me at all. It pretty much went down hill from there. 2 hours later, we finally got our new faucet installed. 2 hours, Easy installation right?

When ever I start a task like this, I get so frustrated before I even get started. I know that I am not going to understand it and I fear that I am going to mess something up so I get worked up. Which probably just makes things even worse. I would seriously rather get someone else to do the job. I know I won't be good at it, so why even try.

Unfortunately I also do this in my faith and I fear many other believers do also. We feel inadequate at certain tasks so it is easy for us to make excuses and look for other people to do our work for us. Each day God can put us to work doing something for the kingdom. Each day Satan is going to try to convince us that we are inadequate for the task. What we have to remember is that God doesn't need people who are able, just people who are willing. When we try to give excuses He says I don't care what you are or are not, because "I AM!"

No comments:

Post a Comment