About Me

My photo
I am a husband and a father and I pray that I will continue to look more like Christ to my wife and children each day. I pray that all that I do will be used to give glory to the Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

God Is Great!

When we celebrate the gospel of Christ and the love of God, and when we lift up the gift of salvation, let us do it in such a way that people will see through it to God himself. May those who hear the gospel from our lips know that salvation is the blood-bought gift of seeing and savoring the glory of Christ. May they believe and say, "Christ is all!" Or, to use the words of the psalmist, "May those who love your salvation say evermore, 'God is great!'" (Ps. 70:4). Not mainly, "Salvation is great," but "God is Great!" --John Piper from God is the Gospel

1 comment:

  1. So many things we do tend to glorify self in the disguise of serving and glorifying God. Every shining gift, every sparkling talent, every glowing act of service... if people do not see Christ and His salvation through it then it is dull and lifeless, and essentially meaningless. Glory to God that he can still shine in spite of me! Great post! ~Ld

    ReplyDelete